Rights And Responsibilities
Patient Rights Matter
Stilwell Memorial Hospital believes that both patient rights are a critical component of high quality health care.
That’s why we’ve established both patient rights and responsibilities to ensure that you can understand how to partner with us to achieve our common goal of improving your health and well being.
As a patient at Stilwell Memorial Hospital, you have the right to:
- Understand and use your patient rights. If you do not understand your rights as a patient, we can provide clarification or assistance to help you understand.
- Receive treatment without discrimination of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Receive emergency care if you need it.
- Be informed of the name of your physician and and his position.
- Be informed of the names, positions and functions of any hospital staff involved in your care.
- Refuse treatment, examination or observation.
- A smoke free room.
- Receive complete information about your diagnosis, treatments, and prognosis.
- Receive all necessary information to give an informed consent for an order not to resuscitate or designate an individual to give this consent for you if you are too ill to do so.
- Privacy while in the hospital and confidentiality of all information and records regarding your care.
- Participate in the decisions about your treatment and care at Stilwell Memorial Hospital.
- Identify caregivers to be included in your discharge planning and have post-discharge care instructions shared with.
- Review your medical records and obtain a copy of your medical records for a reasonable fee.
- Receive an itemized bill and explanation of all charges
- View a list of the hospital’s standard charges for items and services as well a insurance plans SMH participates in.
- Complain without fear of reprisal regarding your care or services received and receive a response from our hospital.
- Make your wishes known regarding organ donations
Always Here – Always Caring.
If you have questions about your patient rights and responsibilities please contact us for assistance.
Contact Our Health Care Team
Stilwell Memorial Hospital expects patients to:
- Provide accurate and complete information regarding symptoms, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and any other pertinent information regarding your health care.
- Communicate that you clearly understand the course of action that is expected of you.
- Follow the treatment plans recommended by your physician, including instructions from your nurses and health care team as they carry out your plan of care.
- Keep your appointments, and when you are unable to do so, notify the physician’s office or the hospital.
- Be accountable for your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow the physician’s instructions.
- Assure that your financial obligations regarding your healthcare are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- Follow hospital rules and regulations regarding patient care and conduct.
- Be respectful of the property and other persons within the hospital.
Committed to helping our patients succeed